MAZELS ALL AROUND!
It has been quite an exciting month for JQ International! As We’re amidst quite an exciting month for JQ International and our larger community! Having celebrated Pride over the weekend
and moving through the rest of Pride Month, we’re happy to share with 4 congratulatory announcements!
Our team is elated to announce that JQ International
has been recognized both locally and nationally for our Persian Pride Programming
, a resource guide
to Jewish innovation and annual compilation of the most inspiring and innovative organizations, projects, and programs in the North American Jewish community today! We are grateful for the honor and opportunity, and eager to expand this groundbreaking work moving forward. The Slingshot Guide
is the go-to for influencers, philanthropists, and volunteers interested in investing in the most impactful Jewish organizations, and we are excited to be one of them!
Persian Pride at JQ will be launching our Programming Committee for the 2017 – 2018 year in August and we’d love your help! To sign up or hear more, please email amarvazy@JQInternational.org today!
2. We want to wish Eshel, our partner in serving the Orthodox community, mazal tov for also being recognized in the Slingshot Guide!
Eshel’s mission is to create community and acceptance for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Jews and their families in Orthodox communities.To learn more about Eshel’s impressive and innovative work visit them online at www.EshelOnline.org
The City of West Hollywood Rainbow Key Awards recognize people and groups that have made outstanding contributions to the LGBTQ community. This year’s Rainbow Key Awards celebration will be on, Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at the City of West Hollywood’s City Council Chambers/Public Meeting Room, located at 625 N. San Vicente Boulevard.
All community members are welcome to support JQ and join the informal reception at 6 p.m. to be followed by an awards program at 7 p.m!
4. JQ Selected to Join Upstart Accelerator of Innovative Jewish Ventures!
We are so proud to share that JQ International has been selected to cohort ten of the UpStart Accelerator – the Jewish community’s leading engine behind the success of innovative and diverse organizations. Selected from the Accelerator’s largest applicant pool ever (92 from across the world), JQ will join a cohort of eight other organizations that are opening up new access points to Jewish life, including our amazing partner Eshel.
Below is the full list of this year’s cohort which will join the thirty-eight organizations and alum already in the UpStart Accelerator network:
- JQ International (Los Angeles) – Builds and strengthens a community that nurtures a healthy fusion of LGBTQ and Jewish identities.
- Makom Community (Philadelphia) – Creates family-centered Jewish experiences where parents are empowered to build a Jewish life that is personally meaningful for their family.
- No Shame on U (Chicago) – Works to eliminate the stigma associated with mental health conditions in the Jewish community.
- Olive Tree Arts Network (Chicago) – Uses creative expression to promote understanding, cooperation and peace in our multi-faith society.
- Eshel (New York) – Creates community and acceptance for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Jews and their families in Orthodox communities.
- The Open Temple (Los Angeles) – Inspires individuals and families towards a life of Jewish curiosity, creativity, and critical thought.
- Or HaLev: Center for Jewish Spirituality and Meditation (Israel) – Teaches Torat Chayyim, a Torah of insight into everyday life and the practice of skillful living.
- Pico Union Project (Los Angeles) – Brings diverse cultures together through song, story, art, food and prayer.
- Tikkun Ha-Ir (Milwaukee) – Encourages the Jewish community to build a more just Milwaukee through study, action, and civic engagement.
We at JQ couldn’t be more excited and grateful for this opportunity, and we thank you, our JQ family, who have supported us in reaching this amazing milestone.