JQ International builds and strengthens a community that nurtures a healthy fusion of LGBTQ and Jewish identities.
First, we build community:
- By providing LGBTQ Jews a place to come together and celebrate Shabbat, Jewish Holidays, and other joyful events.
- We focus our outreach to the most marginalized LGBTQ Jews within the Transgender, Orthodox and Persian communities.
- JQ offers a safe place to gather, connect with one another, and find the comfort and acceptance needed to foster a healthy Jewish identity.
Second, we provide educational programming:
- JQ elevates the work of synagogues, Jewish day schools, agencies, and other service organizations serving Jewish, LGBTQ, or secular community members.
- We teach how to create inclusive and welcoming spaces with:
Third, we offer support services:
- Our JQ Helpline — the only dedicated helpline for LGBTQ Jews, their families, and their allies — provides inclusive resources and social service referrals.
- We find the people and organizations that can support LGBTQ community members to receive the most supportive resources available.
How We Achieve It
JQ creates programs and services that foster a healthy fusion of LGBTQ and Jewish identities. These initiatives offer LGBTQ Jews, their friends, families, and loved ones the opportunity to connect with each other while fostering a strong sense of self. JQ International also encourages and strengthens leadership, activism, and social action amongst its members in order to continue creating not only a vibrant and inclusive LGBTQ Jewish community but also the best possible community at large.