After hearing your talk, I realized I haven’t been seeing what is happening around me. I’m going to pay more attention to how LGBTQ people are being treated and do something to make it better.
Your stories matter.
They can change people’s lives, move an individual or an organization
merely tolerant to becoming LGBTQ+ inclusive and embracing.
We really appreciated how your visit gave us new insights into what it means to be LGBTQ+ and what it means to be LGBTQ+ in the Jewish community. You gave us a model of how we can all celebrate our diverse identities together.
Join the JQ Speakers Bureau and share your stories with members
of a wide variety of Los Angeles organizations.
How do I Become a Speaker for JQ International?
Thank you for your interest in joining the JQ International Speakers Bureau!Please email Rabbi Rachel Bat-Or with any additional questions.
How are JQ Speakers Trained?
In three 1½ hour training sessions you learn to:
- Connect emotionally, spiritually, and powerfully with your audiences;
- Share personal ‘coming-out’ and life-affirming stories that help listeners both relate to the messages being shared and apply the larger truths of those messages to their own lives;
- Use your personal stories of being excluded to educate your listeners about how they can do better
- Inspire organizations to become more inclusive
- Identify concrete reasons to participate in inclusion trainings
- Incorporate Jewish values into your presentations
- Provide useful information about JQ’s programs and services.
- Create three calls to action for each presentation